Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » The Workshop – (Share your builds in progress & projects here)

Post Posted: January 25th, 2013, 12:26 am 

by god you do sum good work, wish i had the time to do that to my capri or pay you if you had time :lol:

Post Posted: January 27th, 2013, 11:53 pm 

cheer's guys
little bit more done on the victor today . todays job was making a start on the new rear wheel tubs
the wheels that will be going on the car will be at least 7" wide so the tubs needed to be way wider than the stock tubs and a good bit higher due to the extra drop the car will have
didn't go the normal wheel tubs route of attaching the tubs to the outer panel but kept a similar system to an OEM inner arch by having a return behind the arch to help eliminate water traps and rotting out the outer panels
the new wheel tub has 10.5" of space between to the outer and inner so the new wheels should have plenty of room 8-)

Post Posted: February 3rd, 2013, 10:33 pm 

bit more done on the drivers side this weekend got the main body mounts in place and capped off the inner sill . mounts are all double gusseted to the box section that runs from the a pillar to the front of the rear arch , all the mounts and the chassis are probably a little over board but at least it will be strong and as its not a race car so a little extra weight won't be an issue plus its still gonna be a lot lighter than the car the engine is coming from :D

Post Posted: June 16th, 2013, 1:41 pm 

not sure whats happened to all the other pictures . but anyway I got the wifes Victor back up the workshop a couple of weeks ago so this weekend I decided it was time to get onto making the the new chassis for it.
main chassis is 75mm x50mm box section didn't quite have enough so will have to get a bit more to complete the passenger front rail why is it always about a meter short on the materials :roll: :D

Post Posted: June 16th, 2013, 6:33 pm 

glad to see the workshop looks tidy, got some work for you :D :D :D :D

Post Posted: June 16th, 2013, 6:41 pm 

shed wrote:
glad to see the workshop looks tidy, got some work for you :D :D :D :D

no probs mate any time

Post Posted: June 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm 

looking looking good mate think when you done you can sort my capri :lol:

Post Posted: June 17th, 2013, 6:57 am 

looks the absolute nuts. There's no doubting your abilities to do a good job. I don't suppose you fancy straightening and painting the 100E for Tom (Semps) as another hot rodder biffed him up the backside last weekend. I've got it nearly as it should be but it wants a skilled hand to get it right again.

Post Posted: June 18th, 2013, 8:04 am 

wakesupremo wrote:
looks the absolute nuts. There's no doubting your abilities to do a good job. I don't suppose you fancy straightening and painting the 100E for Tom (Semps) as another hot rodder biffed him up the backside last weekend. I've got it nearly as it should be but it wants a skilled hand to get it right again.

h buffer mate that's not good I'd love to say yes but I'm going to be out of action for about a month due to having my hand operated on in a couple of weeks so if you need it done in a hurry I can't do it sorry

Post Posted: June 19th, 2013, 5:16 pm 

I've now got it in somewhere where I've never heard of before, it might be ok who knows. He has a zephyr 6, a vw bay window bus and a morris8 in that he's restoring so we'll see what happens. If he turns out to be ok we'll see about getting the poncho in for paint with him when I have a bit of dosh.

Board index » Outlaw Street » The Workshop – (Share your builds in progress & projects here)