Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » The Workshop – (Share your builds in progress & projects here)

Post subject: Resurrection has started
 Post Posted: September 22nd, 2010, 9:26 am 

Hello Gang,Lads

Its been a while and its been hard what with a house purchase and Job Issues, and Blowing the Car to a million bits!!!(lost engine and heads and tranny in one big 17psi, 38 degree total mess), the Year and a half away from the scene has gone fast!! And just when i thought i could get rid of the car and move on.....................I decided to go to the hot rod drags for a day, (GOOD/bad idea) On a conclusion of my day out I have discovered that when drag racing is in you ya cant just switch it off. Soooooooo Im BACK.

So unless any thing else comes to bite me in the ass the 1965 Bird of prey will be fully functional for the first event of the coming year, the Correct parts collection has already started and adds up as such, full manual transbraked powerglide that has a proven handled ability to take 1000hp (more then i have lol) a complete 347 blue printed short block all steel forged rollor from Thumper performance florida (on the boat in November), Pair of Aluminum edelbrock 2.02 flowed heads, a new prop needs to be made and the cage work is to be done in December, cut off date for car to be running and waiting in the garage is Feb 2011 and new tyres fitted.........battle ready for march.

This time I hope not to let myself down with inferior parts and also not let you guys down, Really looking forward to hanging out again.

Your Brother from another mother

AKA The Lead Foot

P.s dont tell them chevy boys Im running a glide!! they will just take the piss out my wimpy C4 LOL

Post Posted: September 22nd, 2010, 12:44 pm 

good luck with the rebuild mate and welcome back

Post Posted: September 22nd, 2010, 4:07 pm 

Glad to hear you still have the bug 8-) Good luck with the resurrection.

Post Posted: September 25th, 2010, 11:53 pm 

Glad your back mate.

I hope you don't have any more Falcon problems with the re-build :P

Post Posted: September 27th, 2010, 10:25 pm 

any pics of it?

Post Posted: December 3rd, 2010, 9:12 am 

Well just a quick update guys, I have done absolutly nothing!! the weather is fooking freezing and i aint coming out into the garage to stick to the car. however the new engine is on the boat so i am told, so looking forward to getting that.

Cheers all

The Lead Foot

Post Posted: December 4th, 2010, 5:16 pm 

hi darren ,i think my new glide is on the same boat!lol.decided only 1 lever at the mo mate but you never know! :lol:

Post Posted: April 19th, 2012, 10:11 am 

Bish bash Bosh Job Done!

Finaly the car is all together...............she sounds strong and also smells strong inside lol, brought back a lot of memorys and also could do with gaining some memorys as there are still wires and hoses all over the place that i dont know where they go. gonna put some road mile on it and then see if i can come and put a number down, I will get some pictures up asap or there are some vids on you tube for those interested, just type 1965 xp falcon and they should pop up.

Cheers lads hope to play soon

the Lead foot

Board index » Outlaw Street » The Workshop – (Share your builds in progress & projects here)