Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » The Workshop – (Share your builds in progress & projects here)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Mustang Makeover
 Post Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 7:50 am 

A certain members Mustang is currently being torn apart by a fellow member all in the need for more speed......

What started out as a few bolt on mods is now snowballing and said member is currenrly rumoured to be head buried inside a JEGS catalogue, so that'll be another $4,000 dollar t-shirt on its way to good old blighty!

I'll post up detailed pictures tonight

Post subject: Re: Mustang Makeover
 Post Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 12:47 pm 

the rumour is correct... and the member is looking for parts for him self and not the mustang owner which is more worrying lol!!!

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 7:46 pm 

These pictures are courtesy of Peter (shed), who's currently turned his hand to the 'Joe&Co Mustang'...

The pictures aren't in sync due to having to transfer from berry to photobucket to forum, but you get the basic idea..

Dialogue from Peter is:

Engine out, engine bays well grubby, but with a lick of paint is all sorted, sump is red enamel as that's what I had...

Pictures of some of the new bits that came courtesy of Chris at WASP and the heads which came from Allan (Candy69) via the Outlaw 1 'Pony Express'.

Also decided the fuel pump isn't upto the job due to the plugs being white as snow so going to fit this Holley 110gph manual pump which I had in the stores.

Also fitting a trans cooler as the one in the rad is shot, although the rads ok otherwise.

That's it for now....

Post Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 10:14 pm 

yippee!!

Would like to add that the power steering rack is also out and a new manual is on its way. Also fitted 90/10's on the front and 50/50's on the rear. I am going to take some weight out as well as i have decided that full street trim isn't necessary....

thanks pete ; )

Post Posted: October 24th, 2010, 12:14 pm 

That's looking great Joe 8-)

Pete's a star

Post Posted: October 24th, 2010, 5:15 pm 

Some of those boxes look familiar. I have a garage full of bits and pieces like that as well. My motor is now back in place but It hasn't run yet as I am redoing fuel lines for the holley blue top pump and trans cooler lines etc. i am also fitting remote oil filter while I'm at it.

Post Posted: October 28th, 2010, 7:56 am 

Ok so went for my weekly visit to "garage" shed and it is really coming along! Pete removed the front end and cleaned up the engine bay, followed by a lick of satin black paint. he also has removed any additional weight from the front end. All the wiring that was a mess is going to be organised as well.
The engine is pretty much back together, pete was waiting for a delivery from jegs which had just arrived! I also ordered a high torque starter and a new alternator which will be here after the weekend. The heads are on and the pushrods and rockers are in place :)

Whilst the front end was off i also ordered a manual rack for the front end which will be here monday as well..

Pete had a bit of fun locating the fuse box on this car but thanks to Mark and Shaun they found it eventually. so over the next couple of weeks the engine will go back and the front end back on then the last bits and peices including the trans cooler and the setting it up!

Can't wait!!!! pete is unbelevable and is treating this as if it was his own car! I am so greatful as i would never have the knowledge, time or space to any of this! :)

Attachments:
ph4.JPG
ph4.JPG [ 31.67 KiB | Viewed 4739 times ]
ph3.JPG
ph3.JPG [ 38.19 KiB | Viewed 4739 times ]
ph1.JPG
ph1.JPG [ 34.13 KiB | Viewed 4739 times ]

Post Posted: November 2nd, 2010, 7:36 am 

got another update last night from shed:

Fuel system, in and heat hoses hooked up. All the engine is back in place and the exhausts are ready to bolt back together. all the bracketry for the rad, cooler and fan completed. rad refurbed and ready. hopefullt the last of the parts from wasp will be here today (steering rack, alternator and starter motor) then ready to go back in!

Post Posted: November 3rd, 2010, 10:47 pm 

Below is the latest update via Pete

just an update on joe's mustang

Engine bay all back together awaiting engine.

engine all ready to go back in just waiting on the new steering rack and starter motor.

rad and electric fan mountings coming on.

headers now have flanges and sleeves to fit the exhaust.

that's about it for now

Post Posted: November 3rd, 2010, 11:15 pm 

Coming along nicely sir....Whats happening with the dizzy is a new one going in. The old one looks a bit tatty compared to everything else on the engine??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Board index » Outlaw Street » The Workshop – (Share your builds in progress & projects here)