Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Other Race Challenges, Shows & Events

Post subject: 2 tracks in 1 day!
 Post Posted: May 19th, 2017, 6:58 pm 

Last Sunday (14 May 2017) I had a bit of a dilemma! The first round of Outlaw Street was taking place at Santa Pod – but on the same day the second round of the Pro Street Drag Series (PSDS) – which I had also entered this year - was also taking place at Shakespeare County Raceway! The solution was to try to make runs at both strips on the same day!

I left home in my Supra at 7.00am for the 130 mile drive to Shakey. I decided to go to Shakey first as I thought the overnight rain would clear from the west first. I arrived at Shakey around 9.30am, got the car scrutineered, signed on and got in the fire up road. There was a delay while the track was dried and prepped. I managed to get a good run of 11.89 @ 124 which I thought would be good enough to score some point in the PSDS championship.
I left Shakey at 11.30am for the 70 mile journey to Santa Pod.

I arrived at Santa Pod at around 1.00pm just as a rain shower hit! After the rain had stopped I joined the queue at around 2.00pm. There was a long wait until I got a run about 3.30pm. Not quite as good as the previous run, as I got some wheel spin on launch, but I ran 12.22 @ 121. This time would count for the Outlaw Street season opening round as well as the Santa Pod RWYB Challenge which I had also entered this year.

I headed off for the 100 mile journey home arriving home around 6.00pm!

The result of the day was that I finished 1st in the 11.50 - 11.99 class for the Pro Street Drag Series round at Shakey and gained 15 points. I was 7th (out of 18) in the Santa Pod RWYB challenge and gained 14 points, and I gained 25 attendance points for the 1st round of the Outlaw Street championship.

1 day, 2 tracks, 300 miles and 54 points in 3 championships - a good day!

Simon
OS23

Post subject: Re: 2 tracks in 1 day!
 Post Posted: May 19th, 2017, 7:52 pm 

That's an awesome read, thanks for sharing Simon, see you at OS2

Board index » General » Other Race Challenges, Shows & Events