Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gallery » Forum Users & OS Members rides

Post subject: Re: sebs 66
 Post Posted: March 11th, 2010, 8:01 pm 

cheers guys...im not so confident!

did a bit more today,,

Ground the gearbox. AND IT SET FIRE!!!!!!

its made of magnesium so when it gets hot it only takes a spark to set it off. eg touching a steel bolt in the mounts... for example... :blub:
absolutly SHIT myself, but its cool i had a wet rag to hand. the flame was white. only happened once then i was well ===CENSORED=== carefull :blub:

Problem is the box is an early choco special. Ment for a 180mm fly and my lightened fly is 200mm and it narrowly catches on the bell housing so the inside has to come off all the way arround by 2-3mm...

Before and after pics....

Also draped the simpsons that i saved from the MG on the seats. Need a cage now to make them fit :lol:

cleaned it a bit, too.

The job list is getting ever smaller :D till the testing and tryling haha
really wish i kept my black and gold split rims i had at uni :( but needed the money :roll: they would have looked sick on the car,

Post Posted: March 12th, 2010, 12:07 am 

such a cool beetle i really like the colour too. cant wait to see it finished 8-)

Post Posted: March 12th, 2010, 3:43 pm 

cheers mate, need to make a cage for it really, as the chassic is stock for 36hp. :lol:

Might start collecting stuff like tube notchers etc. want to make it like a kids climbing frame :twisted:

Post Posted: September 10th, 2010, 11:19 pm 

not been on here a while but here are my updates...

i have been cracking on like a little bitch

finished the exhausts well the header to 4 anyways still need to mount the turbo when the motor is fitted.
pretty happy with the results, liking the stainless js and flanges. its moved a bit since heating up but i think once its hot again it should creep back. i think on the old exhaust it might need a slight MIG to touch up but pretty happy.

also made the bold step to start cutting the shell and chassis ready for the cage. i wanna make the shell and chassis separate so i can still lift it off, going to have it bolt to the rear frame horns and trans tunnel along with the existing chassis to shell bolts. then weld the cage to the heaters, and to all the varying brackets around the chassis i intend to make. want it to be a freaking master piece, :P

cant believe how happy i am...
i sent off them drawings to my machinist who has come through.
hes even made a few modifications to my design and has put a hex on the tops so i can have a spanner on the top to loosen the bolts on the injectors.
the photos dont do it any justice and will try to take better ones. the machining is just beautiful.

ive had to get him to make one more so i can keep it on the shelf. as i just like looking at it lol
such a shame to weld it to the manifolds.

enjoy

MINT

getting there
just think they look sick pointing down, will crack on with in during the night but ive come in for a tea and to drop the kids off,

later on i want to get the manifold made in ali but id think about paying someone to do it as i think in the long run wou;d be much better and cheaper.

check out tonights efforts....all aeroquipped up to the max. about to order some more fittings too :shhh: just wish it was cheaper so i could both afford to eat at the at some stage lol loving the last pic hard!!!!!

made the front chassis cage foot, both sides done,
will weld them to the heaters shorlty, then make the cage legs to it.

so been smashing it HARD!!!! YAR!!!!

also had to stop because my freaking angle grinder has given up. gutted wanted it finished and welded tonight but aint going to happen now.
funny really because i just bought a new drill to replace my dads working but tired one (and did not want to bust it) when now ive gotta buy a new grinder, shizeer!!!!

so seats in both sides on their platforms and runners..
note the charge cooler placement, i think it looks ace in the center.

rear turrets....
was at the point where i was cutting the filling in sheets to go on the sides and it backed it in. will buy a new grinder and get back on it

small update, towers almost finished, just need to finish a few stitch welds and will be ready for the cage pieces

from and too...

to fit my stupid charge cooler i have cut the boot out to sink the cooler half in and half out, in order to get it to the right height.

at the mo its a rectangular hole but will have some rubber edging on it shortly.

anyways the pipes are plumed up to pretty much where there be. just needs brackets etc making up so its held together tight.

and the straps

Post Posted: September 11th, 2010, 11:54 am 

damn fine work mate soon be on the track

Post Posted: September 11th, 2010, 1:29 pm 

I take me hat off to you sir, great work 8-)

Post Posted: September 11th, 2010, 9:08 pm 

cheers guys i need to take my engine appart seeming as its been sat for months.
check the rings, remove heads barrels etc to check the rods and re torque everything and put it back in the bay.

but i have finished the cage footings for the cage which is being made and delivered in 2 weeks. currently very very bored tho waiting.
also ive borrowed my mates cebora, its absolutely mint. going to have to save up for one myself its a total joy to work with.

i should prop add im ===CENSORED=== sunburnt now lol :oops:

Post Posted: January 7th, 2011, 8:44 pm 

so a slight update, not been on here in a while but here are some updates..

and i got my laser cut bits ready for the cage and suspension....
the tabs are for 1 5/8 tube for the shocks and stuff, i bought some for some mates as the min order is quite high so if anyone wants anything made send me a drawing and il see what they can do, its pretty cheap. atleast 1/2 price than ebay shops-

sorry about the order not being quite right but you get the gist

The pics are a little shit quality, but hay hoo, ok so the hoop is in. with the plates, im not having door bars so wanted to get them in to hold up the hoop and shell.
the front legs are not quite right, the drivers side is mint but the passengers is off. pretty gutted wanted in all in one go. but never mind. taking the legs back to be bent again to match the drivers.

so basically finished the initial frame. need to work out the back for space framing the engine and box. but its all on there and pretty tough. the hoop and legs will support the rear frame, and the support bars will not support anything other than strengthening the hoop and footings.

will buy some chromoly for a bar to go from one rear foot to the other. then can use that to brace the lower suspension mounts. then use all the T45 for support structure.

and a better view of the brackets iv had lasered.... these will be supporting the shock towers....
curiosity of mike, and his amazing ability's on an iphone...

Johnson wrote:
heres some more pics...

so seeming the snow aint letting me getting to work,....

been cracking on...
few hole saws...

thanks to chris making me up some spacers to make my 2 1/2pipe to 2inch..

exhaust fitting

ive decided to weld the inside and leave the slick look on the out side, i might even then smooth the welds,

from the inside
from...
too..

need to drill the 1/4 very nervous about doing it and messing it up. will attach the flexy on the last pipe through the 1/4,
the exhaust is sitting really close to the charge cooler. so i have decided im gunna send it off to get ceramic coated, 100£ for the parts you see in the pics.
good for 30% reduction on temps and might help the heating issues. anyways, need to weld in the lamda when it arrives...
tomorrow, inner arch making....

Post Posted: January 9th, 2011, 1:15 am 

looking good, exhaust is cool, different on a bug

Post Posted: January 12th, 2011, 10:16 pm 

yeah, ive been making slow progress but its getting there.

ive bought my new gearbox, its out of a 964 c4 porshce thing.

will convert it to 2wd and make up driveshafts from theIRS outputs to the swing axle. will be alright if i can pull it off.

but i intend to space frame the entire rear to the cage so will build it on the side and be able to drive the car as is on the current choco box,

but theres a few more months of winter so intend to have it roll in the summer.

Board index » Gallery » Forum Users & OS Members rides