Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » Race Series Calendar 2018

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 2010 Race Series Dates
 Post Posted: December 13th, 2009, 9:44 pm 

2010 Race Series Schedule

Outlaw Street 1
Saturday 27th March RWYB at Santa Pod
Sunday 28th March Peak Performance, Test & Tune at Santa Pod

Outlaw Street 2
Saturday 17th to 18th April Public Track day RWYB Weekend at Shakespeare County

Outlaw Street 3
Saturday 1st May to 2nd May The All American Show at Santa Pod

Outlaw Street 4
Saturday 29th to 31st May Yanks Weekend / NASC Gary’s Picnic at Shakespeare County

Outlaw Street 5
Saturday 26th to 27th June NSRA Nostalgia Nationals at Shakespeare County

Outlaw Street ‘Chill Out Day’ NO POINTS EVENT
Sunday 18th July Retro Show at Santa Pod

Outlaw Street 6
Friday 30th July to 1st August 17th MOPAR Euro Nationals at Santa Pod

Outlaw Street ‘Chill Out Day’ NO POINTS EVENT
NASC's 36th NASC STREET ROD NATIONALS on the 27/28/29/30th August 2010 at Trinity Park, Ipswich.
Pubic Entry on Sunday 29th

Outlaw Street 7
Saturday 4th September RWYB at Santa Pod
Sunday 5th September Peak Performance, Test & Tune at Santa Pod

Outlaw Street 8
Saturday 30th to 31st October Halloween Bonfire Burn-Up RWYB Weekend at Shakespeare

Outlaw Street Prize Night
Saturday 20th November The New Inn Santa Pod

Post Posted: December 24th, 2009, 9:53 am 

I had better thaw the garage out instead of daydreaming. Last Winter I was saying that it was OK for them down South with the better weather. I apollogise for that. You have got the sh#tty end of the stick at the moment big style.

Post Posted: January 4th, 2010, 12:01 am 

hate to piss on a bondfire as such but if the nostalgia nats is a points event that makes it unfair on the cars who cant run at that event due to the pre 72 date of car entry thing. just thought id point it out sooner than later, hope i havent offended

Post Posted: January 4th, 2010, 12:18 am 

Ken wrote:
hate to piss on a bondfire as such but if the nostalgia nats is a points event that makes it unfair on the cars who cant run at that event due to the pre 72 date of car entry thing. just thought id point it out sooner than later, hope i havent offended

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum, (not quite sure what you mean by peeing on a bonfire), perhaps you'd like to post up about yourself & car so we get to know you.

In answer to your question, yes we're well aware of this and as with any race series you'll never please everyone, there are a limited number of weekend meets across the season and we collectively chose the ones that:

1. Have good track prep
2. Good atmospheres
3. Are know good & friendly events

With the points system, you will 'drop' your lowest scoring meet across the season at the end of year tally, this is what's known as a 'holiday/repairs' margin and allows for any racer to miss one meet per season and still be in the running for points, thus for example if you know that the car you run isn't going to meet the entry criteria for a certain event then you can miss it and still be in the running.

Hope this answers your question.

Post Posted: January 4th, 2010, 12:21 am 

ah dam ya beat me to it, was about to post that i noticed this was written in the newbie room!! it is a good show, i will be crewing there for me mate in his wild bunch topolino "go hard or go home" so no doubt il catch the guys running there too

Post Posted: January 11th, 2010, 8:30 pm 

SANTA POD Loyalty Card

Drivers and riders will be able to collect their Loyalty Card from signing on and will need to get it stamped at each RWYB they attend. Collect four stamps and your fifth sign on is FREE. The Loyalty Card can only be stamped at standard RWYB meetings not major events featuring RWYB. The list of eligible dates is the same as that for the Street Challenge.

Check out www.rwyb.co.uk for more details. 8-)

Post Posted: February 4th, 2010, 12:38 am 

Where there's a Saturday/Sunday meet, will more points be scored for attending boths day or just for attending that weekend at some point?
In the Pro street drag series, which I've been competing in, the saturday was a non points scoring test day only, but Sunday was the proper race day, meaning you only needed to go on the Sunday. Will this be the same or different to that?

Post Posted: February 4th, 2010, 9:45 am 

Cliff J wrote:
Where there's a Saturday/Sunday meet, will more points be scored for attending boths day or just for attending that weekend at some point?
In the Pro street drag series, which I've been competing in, the saturday was a non points scoring test day only, but Sunday was the proper race day, meaning you only needed to go on the Sunday. Will this be the same or different to that?

Hi Cliff, magic answers are:

1. You only get one set of attendance points whether you attend the Saturday, Sunday or all weekend.
2. Saturday & Sunday are both point scoring days, remember in this series the points are based on your best run over the weekend so you could turn up Friday night and spend all weekend going down the strip to chip away at your reaction times and PB, or you could turn up Sunday afternoon and lay down one run.
3. You don't have to attend the whole weekend or on any specific day over the weekend, it's an 'attend as you can/want system.

The reason for this is we've learnt over the years that there are many different types of racers, those who'll want to be at the track from the second the gate opens till they get thrown out, those that are local to a specific track and will come back & forth each day, those that due to life/wife/work can only 'escape' for a short window to have a drag.

This way it doesn't discriminate against anyone and everyone has a fair chance, hope this helps.

Post Posted: February 4th, 2010, 10:02 am 

Spot on, very happy with those answers thank you :)

Post Posted: March 16th, 2010, 7:29 pm 

Just in case anyone's interested...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Outlaw Street » Race Series Calendar 2018