Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » 2015 SERIES Race Reports, Photos & All

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 10:44 am 

Well it's done, it's been a total FRIGGIN nightmare an had to be redone FOUR yes FOUR bloody times due to all manner of reasons, but one key reason being members not providing their race numbers when they ran on non OS numbers, either number plates or VW night race numbers.

Last straw, from IMMEDIATE EFFECT:

ANY member who races at an OS meet on a NON OS number will FORFIET the right to any points / RT reactions UNLESS they notify me AT the track or on the MONDAY post racing.

NO exceptions / NO excuses, this rounds data has taken me nearly 12 hours to sort.....

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 12:44 pm 

Don't think that I will have that prob next year. No RWYB CC or Power Tour even. I need a rest :D

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 2:06 pm 

Who racers at a OS meeting and is a OS member not on a OS number???

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 2:49 pm 

All those who raced in the VW night class

Those that run in more than one class as the sane event

Those who the tower can't see their OS number so record runs on their reg number

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 5:59 pm 

I was running my OS number clearly visible and the bod in the fire up lane suck a bloody rwyb number on my window :shock: :? :roll:

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 7:49 pm 

I really don't understand??
We all had to have a number written on our rear screen there was no choice not to!
I'm not sure how many didn't but I'm sure most put their night race number on the board as you asked if they didn't then I can't see what else you can do.
And if there are numbers on the cars that the tower can't see would it not be best to tell those people directly so they can address it?
Ranting is not going to solve problems it just winds people up.

Post Posted: September 20th, 2015, 10:40 pm 

Hmmm, my 'rant' Kev is based on the simple fact that at EVERY meet I post up prior reminding members to post their race numbers an info on the boards at the track and post EVERY meet I have to' chase up race numbers are results as some folk haven't bothered....

An OS-6's was the straw that broke the camels back....

I make no apologies if this rant has 'wound people up' maybe those people will finally take heed.........

Post Posted: September 21st, 2015, 7:32 am 

Kev wrote:
I really don't understand??
We all had to have a number written on our rear screen there was no choice not to!
I'm not sure how many didn't but I'm sure most put their night race number on the board as you asked if they didn't then I can't see what else you can do.
And if there are numbers on the cars that the tower can't see would it not be best to tell those people directly so they can address it?
Ranting is not going to solve problems it just winds people up.

Yes, everyone has OS numbers on their cars but some run multiple numbers as they run in several classes

Nope only a few people gave their VW night race numbers

It's not about having a visual number, it's when the tower records someone's run on their number plate or non OS number (happens all the time) but the member doesn't tell me till weeks later normally after the data's done.

Post Posted: September 21st, 2015, 9:51 am 

Kev wrote:
Who racers at a OS meeting and is a OS member not on a OS number???

Me at the Pod running RWYB CC1799. Done a couple of extra ones due to our Den racing his pitbike at Whilton Mill, unload him and leave him to his own devices while the Pod is only 30 miles away.
Also done the Power Tour on one OS meet.
Funny though, never won anything anywhere due to being consistent at being inconsistent. So it's no good going bracket racing. RTs are somewhere between waking up and getting out of bed times :cry:

Post Posted: September 21st, 2015, 9:03 pm 

Hi Mark
I posted the two numbers that the tower gave me on the board, did you receive them ?
Cheers

Board index » Outlaw Street » 2015 SERIES Race Reports, Photos & All