|OS-7 2013 'VW Action' Race Report
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Outlaw #1 [ September 26th, 2013, 7:56 pm ]|
|Post subject:||OS-7 2013 'VW Action' Race Report|
Below is the Race Report for OS-7 which will soon be in American Car Magazine.
Outlaw Street 2013 Race Series OS-7
30th August - 1st September VW Action Weekend at Santa Pod Raceway
I know what you’re thinking why are a load of muscle cars and V8’s running at a VW show, well the reason is simple, VW Action is a fantastic event with a great relaxed and welcoming atmosphere which is why Outlaw Street have attended religiously for a number of years.
Plus a bit of 60’s style racing with muscle cars versus super quick period beetles is something we’d never turn down, members set several PB’s over the weekend along with breaking cars as they were pushing as hard as they could, David Mahoney in his OS-19 Supercharged C5 Corvette jumped into the 10’s with a 10.7 after spending 2 years stuck in the 11’s.
Nick Rose is his OS-31 supercharged Mustang sadly suffered gearbox failure on the Saturday, but in true Nick style sourced a gearbox, collected it and was in his garage fitting it by Sunday afternoon. In addition several of our VW running members, namely OS-53 Chris Antell in his VW Camper and OS-44 Lee Rookes in his VW Caddy picked up VW Action trophies for being 3rd fastest bus and joining the 12 second club respectively.
The highest round point’s scorer from the weekend and winner of a years’ free subscription to American Car and a MissB Engraving etched brandy glass was;
OS-21 George Bebikan in his Chevy powered Zephyr with 223 points
The top 6 points scorers of the weekend were:
1. OS-21 George Bebikan in his Chevy powered Zephyr with 223 points
2. OS-19 David Mahoney in his supercharged C5 Corvette with 217 points
2. OS-09 Rob Leyman in his LS1 powered Vauxhall Monaro with 217 points
4. OS-31 Nick Rose in his supercharged Mustang with 215 points
5. OS-08 Mark Holmes in his pro-street Ford Escort with 214 points
5. OS-07 Andy Murton in his 60’s Camaro with 214 points
There is clearly one member this season that’s having the luckiest streak in Outlaw Street history and secured their FOURTH Reaction Time trophy of the season.
With OS-32 Tom Semper securing the OS-7 Joe & Co sponsored RT Trophy and prize money with a 0.114 RT.
Other members were really trying to break Tom’s lucky streak with only 0.0719 of a second separating the top 3!
The top 6 RT's over the weekend were:
1. OS-35 Tom Semper in his 100e with a 0.1124 RT
2. OS-40 Steve Newport Hall in his ’66 Cobra with a 0.1206 RT
3. OS-21 George) Bebikan in his Chevy powered Zephyr with a 0.1843 RT
4. OS-53 Chris Antell in his VW Camper with a 0.2113 RT
5. OS-45 Kevin Shepperson in his RS2000 Escort with a 0.2402 RT
6. OS-31 Nick Rose in his supercharged Mustang with a 0.2625 RT
The Outlaw Street 2013 Series ‘League Table’ top 12 now looks like this:
1. OS-31 Nick Rose in his supercharged Mustang with 1,312 points
2. OS-40 Steve Newport Hall in his ’66 Cobra with 1,289 points
3. OS-09 Rob Leyman in his LS1 powered Monaro with 1,083 points
4. OS-42 Nigel Jenkins in his Ford Mustang with 1,068 points
5. OS-12 John Latham in his PT ‘Vanster’ with 1,039 points
6. OS-07 Andy Murton in his big block Camaro with 898 points
7. OS-45 Kevin Shepperson in his RS2000 Escort with 886 points
8. OS-37 Chris Richards in his turbo charged Mustang with 870 points
9. OS-35 Tom Semper in his 100e with 846 points
10. OS-19 David Mahoney in his supercharged C5 Corvette with 685 points
11. OS-43 Derren Brown with in his Chevy powered Ford Escort with 663 points
11. OS-44 Lee Rookes in his VW Caddy with 663 points
With 2 more rounds to go this season and the top six changing every month this really is going to be an open field this year, to see the whole league table and more information about Outlaw Street check out www.outlawstreet.co.uk
The next round of the Outlaw Street series, OS-8 takes place at the Shakespeare County Raceway on the 12th an 13th October.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group|