Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » Outlaw Street Chat 2018

Post Posted: October 7th, 2015, 5:41 pm 

Top job by outlaw 1, I have really enjoyed this season off track, although on track has been a melted mess!! Keep up the good work mr wallington

Post Posted: October 7th, 2015, 6:57 pm 

I am very happy with all the running of OS, there is always going to be an issue with Dragstalga being on a well prepped track and the B meet a non prepped track, that's just tough luck.

I am sure everybody would agree were better off with OS than it not being there, so thanks for you commitment to US Mark.

Post Posted: October 7th, 2015, 7:44 pm 

Doug, we do Billing a lot, have to say its changed a lot,

went to the AACI meets and the Balloon festival and its getting a lot of attention from travelers

Maybe we need to support Shakey or the pod and just have a camping event there other places too
We have been exploring a few this year and it really depends if people are willing to travel, i dont mind mucking in with organising it

When you look at the price of the Pod or Shakey for a weekend its actually a lot cheaper than big rod events once we have the dates for next year we can see whats on

Ref feedback Mark Totally understand ref fire pit and dragstalgia

maybe we can "try" and do agreed run times, maybe easier at shakey than the pod after seeing the cars that have turned up of late at RWYB pod events

Post Posted: October 9th, 2015, 8:22 am 

If folk want to run 'time slots' it's dead easy....

'lads were all going to queue up at 10am... off you go as a group an queue in the fireup' job done.....

Post Posted: October 10th, 2015, 5:37 pm 

The firm that makes my WASP Speed Shop t-shirts is also up for making fresh Outlaw Street t-shirts for next season, reckon next year we need to make a proper OS presence again with' everyone in OS shirts....

Post Posted: October 10th, 2015, 8:17 pm 

Not been to many meets this year due to work on the chevy and the mog a bit of a tired engine and she needs some beauty treatment :lol: . But the ones we did attend were excellant as always thanks to Marks input. Keep it as it is , it works well. Hopefully get to a lot more meets in 2016 as the chevy is nearly ready for the fire up ;) .

Post Posted: October 11th, 2015, 8:38 am 

Why not add a tenner to the subs and everyone gets a 'T' shirt. there's no excuse then. Although Tydd Speed does it's own sponsored by Semper Electrical and Building LTD.

Post Posted: October 11th, 2015, 10:55 pm 

Doing a great job mark. Really enjoyed my first year. Thanks to everyone for their help and making me feel welcome . As for the format, it's like driving a ford...if it ain't broke don't fix it. Opposed to a Chevy when you'd be farting about trying to get it to work properly all the time.

Post Posted: October 16th, 2015, 5:03 pm 

Good Job running OS as usual Mark. Happy with 50/50 tracks, however, really think SCR could do with more support or it will die...!!
The POD has the money, so it's not going to fade away. I personally don't like VW Action or the MOPARS as it's way too busy and would prefer TRACK time rater than FIRE-UP road time. We DO NEED to show a better field and wear the UNIFORM, but life doesn't always play fair. Looking forward to the 2016 season.

Post Posted: October 20th, 2015, 8:20 am 

Batman wrote:
Good Job running OS as usual Mark. Happy with 50/50 tracks, however, really think SCR could do with more support or it will die...!!
The POD has the money, so it's not going to fade away. I personally don't like VW Action or the MOPARS as it's way too busy and would prefer TRACK time rater than FIRE-UP road time. We DO NEED to show a better field and wear the UNIFORM, but life doesn't always play fair. Looking forward to the 2016 season.

Good points Vic, ta for the feedback, balance of meets/support is always a balancing act between what dates the tracks have events on and creating a spread across the season ideally I like a 50/50 split but it's not always an option.

Re MOPARS and VW Action again it's a balancing act both these meets over lots of track time across a whole weekend but that's not always the case on one specific day, traditionally MOPARS Friday and Saturday eves are quiet with loads of track time, this year due to the washout weather cancelled that, similar with VW Action.

It's also about getting an 'entertainment' balance for those that race, as a whole season of RWYB meets is zero fun for the weekenders as a deserted pitch black track with no facilities open is a lonely old place on a Saturday night......

Once the provisional track diaries are released I'll see what can be achieved for 2016....

Bearing in mind the rumours that have been rife this year re the development of SCR, we may reach a point where the Pod is the only track in the country.

Board index » Outlaw Street » Outlaw Street Chat 2018