Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » Outlaw Street Chat 2018

Post subject: Re: Forum vs Facebook
 Post Posted: January 22nd, 2017, 7:39 pm 

I'm ok with the forum but in all honesty spend far too long looking for threads as they appear to be scattered around.
FB is fine for chitchat but if there is something to sort on the forum then maybe a hyper link to direct everyone to the actual topic would make things easier.

Post Posted: January 22nd, 2017, 9:35 pm 

Forum

Post Posted: January 22nd, 2017, 9:35 pm 

I've thought about this today I don't think it should be an either or thing. I really like Arnie's idea of a fan page, somewhere people can upload pictures and videos. I have seen literally hundreds of pictures and videos of outlaw cars. With simple tagging the fan page would become a really good publicity tool. It doesn't involve anymore work from mark but it will give outlaw a facebook presence.
The forum will continue on as it is so all important info is stored here. With a simple hyperlink the two are linked and it should give us a strong public profile which in turn should give us more pull at the tracks so more choice of events

Post Posted: January 22nd, 2017, 9:46 pm 

I like the forum, have no problems with it. Trouble is as only a few seem to use it, you have to go to Facebook to see what other members are up to. As others are saying, a hyperlink on Facebbook could be the answer.

Post Posted: January 26th, 2017, 9:54 am 

Thanks for the input thus far, we've 33 members and input from 13 thus far so I'm going to let this run a bit to let others comment before looking at which way to jump...

Post Posted: January 27th, 2017, 7:50 am 

I'm just a techno illiterate so whatevers easy. I see things on Facebook but only by chance as I have no idea how to look things up, likewise the forum, if I didn't look at the 'view new topics' every morning I'd have no idea of how to find anything.

Post Posted: January 27th, 2017, 9:09 am 

wakesupremo wrote:
I'm just a techno illiterate so whatevers easy. I see things on Facebook but only by chance as I have no idea how to look things up, likewise the forum, if I didn't look at the 'view new topics' every morning I'd have no idea of how to find anything.

Gary instead of clicking 'view new topics', click 'view active topics' that was you'll get all the new topics and the current ones that people are talking on, that was you won't miss anything....

Post Posted: January 29th, 2017, 9:33 am 

With 42 members signed up and 14 giving input thus far we'll keep this thread running longer...

Post Posted: January 29th, 2017, 1:17 pm 

As other have said I like the Forum as it has all the Outlaw Street current important information such as rules, event dates, results, etc as well as all the historical stuff.

We could set up a Outlaw Street Facebook page/group and post everything there but I don't find Facebook as structured in terms of grouping input/comments in a structured way (unless I have missed something!).

So at the moment my view is that we keep the Forum as the place where all updates are posted with a link on Facebook to direct everyone to the Forum to look at new posts.

Simon

Post Posted: January 29th, 2017, 3:55 pm 

I'd like a FB page for the photos and the event calendar - easy to post and share. Shouldn't need much admin since its member driven. Keep the forum for the official stuff. FB might also attract a new, younger crowd to OS??! (no offence) :)

Board index » Outlaw Street » Outlaw Street Chat 2018