Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » Newbie Questions & Advice

Post subject: Meeting format
 Post Posted: January 10th, 2012, 8:49 pm 

Hey guys n gals I'm hoping to enter the outlaw street series next year, not got a car yet, trying to save for a late model camaro. There's loads of useful info on this site but nothing about the event format. Looking at the dates they are mostly 2 days, is Saturday practice and qually and Sunday the points scoring day or are points scored on both days? Do you have to attend both days or can you just do a Saturday or Sunday?

Post subject: Re: Meeting format
 Post Posted: January 10th, 2012, 10:41 pm 

Hi, welcome to Outlaw, re your questions;

You can race either day of an event, there's no qualifying as such, it's your best run of the weekend that counts towards the points, thus you can turn up for a few hours on one day do 1 run and thats the one that goes to your points, or do a whole weekend and 30 runs, but its still only your quickest tun that counts, this allows for people who cant commit to a whole weekend to still compete in a race series.

You'll find there's a real mix of members, those that due to work/life/wife can only escape for a few hours, those that like the comfort of their own bed and just do a day and those that want to squeeze every last run possible out of the track and are there from dust to dawn across the weekend.

Hope this helps, please shout if you've any other questions.

Post subject: Re: Meeting format
 Post Posted: January 11th, 2012, 3:05 pm 

brilliant, thanks for that outlaw. yeh i want to do as much racing as i can but funds will probably only allow 1 days racing to start with, but il probbaly do 2 days at the yanks/mopar type of meetings....sounds like i need to get saving.....already got a few grand tucked away, dont really want to go spending it this year with just buing a house though!

Board index » Outlaw Street » Newbie Questions & Advice