Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Outlaw Street » Newbie Questions & Advice

Post subject: Re: Line lock launch
 Post Posted: February 24th, 2011, 1:45 pm 

3 Way Line-Lock... If your gonna do that then you might as well pre-load the box using the foot brake.

Post Posted: February 24th, 2011, 2:18 pm 

So when I was adviced to fit a line lock on me mustang so I could set the clutch n load it a little would this have caused me agro as my front end woulda been right up? Glad I didn't now. Think I'll go auto next time I buy a car for racing

Post Posted: February 24th, 2011, 7:32 pm 

well batman i was simply answering the fellas question,, i used a similar system for a few years, it involved 2 linelocs and an rpm limiter,, put the car into stage,, press button which enables both locs and the rpm limiter,, light goes green release button and away you go.. it enabled me to get reasonable times.... but a trans brake is way better

Post Posted: February 24th, 2011, 9:20 pm 

Hey, don't get me wrong Zephy baby... It just seems an expensive fit for little gain, that's all. When you say reasonable times do you mean R\T or E\T :?:

Post Posted: February 24th, 2011, 11:27 pm 

foot brake for me but then I'm running a manual so its a little easier to get the revs where i need em 8-)

Post Posted: February 25th, 2011, 12:03 am 

my reaction times are always crap , but thats just the way it is.. but 60 ft improved by a little but i saw way bigger improvement with the transbrake in the 60ft.. my reaction times are still crap,, i like to get to the line and get settled, have a little nap and go when i am ready.. thats what my son tells me anyway

Post Posted: February 25th, 2011, 8:16 am 

nightmaresracing wrote:
foot brake for me but then I'm running a manual so its a little easier to get the revs where i need em 8-)

Heal toe I guess? I could never get use to that, feet are to wide! If I got another manual I'm wonderin if a hydralic handbrake would work lockin the axle up then my feet just do clutch n throttle

Post Posted: February 25th, 2011, 12:51 pm 

Ken wrote:
nightmaresracing wrote:

Heal toe I guess? I could never get use to that, feet are to wide! If I got another manual I'm wonderin if a hydralic handbrake would work lockin the axle up then my feet just do clutch n throttle

Heal and toe is a technique used for changing down gear in a bend, it may delay you on a launch or if you get the knack of it who knows it may work, anything is worth a try

A good starting point with a stock manual car you just need the least handbrake you can get away with to stop you rolling if you want to put the tinyest bite on just to take up driveline slack but leave the suspension at rest so it can do its job when you leave the line. There will no doubt be countless other techniques to try depending on car,tyres, track, suspension set up etc etc, this is the fun of seeing what works best

Post Posted: February 25th, 2011, 7:32 pm 

When I use to race my Victor I used heel/toe technique and side-stepped the clutch, good R/T's but harsh on the box and axle.

Post Posted: February 27th, 2011, 9:14 pm 

When you raced your victor, i believe the wheels were still made of wood and the track through the forest was mud & leaves.
The romans have been here since and laid down proper roads since then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Board index » Outlaw Street » Newbie Questions & Advice